Module I: Why FCV Matters to Development
Fragility, conflict and violence (FCV) are associated with sharp and sustained declines in core development achievement. An expanding coalition of international partners – including the International Dialogue on Peacebuilding and Statebuilding – is calling for a radical change in how investments are prioritized, implemented and measured in these settings.
This module reviews some of the ways in which the international community is responding to FCV, including emerging principles and practices for engagement.
Included in this Module:
- Setting Out Goals, Targets, and Indicators for the Post-2015 Agenda
- The World Bank’s Response to FCV and its Commitment to Monitor Results
- Measuring Progress—The New Deal as a Starting Point
- Establishing New Deal PSG Indicators
- Piloting PSG Indicators in Selected Countries
- Overcoming Challenges in Measuring Results in FCV Contexts
- What Types of Results Are We Tracking?