Menu of Indicators – part of the Pilot Toolkit
The indicator database below is part of the Pilot Toolkit: Measuring and Monitoring in FCV Environments and should be used alongside Module 3 of the Toolkit: Selecting Indicators for Strategy, Programs and Projects.
The searchable database includes over 3,000 indicators, coded in several ways.
You can search for indicators using the three filters provided:
1. Peace & State Building Goal (PSGs) that codes indicators by the 5 PSGs that were developed through the International Dialogue on Peacebuilding and Statebuilding, including: legitimate politics, security, justice, economic foundations, and revenues and services.
2. Global Practice that codes indicators by the World Bank Group’s thematic global practice (GP) areas. As a pilot database, the team continues to add relevant indicators across diverse GPs based on growing experience.
3. Indicator type that codes indicator either by ‘operational-level’ indicators, that tend to measure progress at an operational/programmatic level or ‘strategic-level’ indicators that tend to measure national-level progress, performance and impact.
You can also do a "key word search" using the search bar below or a combined filter and key word search to target your preferred indicators. After each filter or key word search, click ‘apply’ to generate the indicator list.
‘Starred’ indicators will appear at the top of search resultsâ€“-these are indicators that may be particularly relevant to measuring progress on peacebuilding and statebuilding. Further details by indicator (indicator type, source) can be viewed by clicking on the indicator title. You can save search results by selecting/checking your preferred indicators and clicking the ‘save indicators’ button and export them to Excel by clicking the ‘view saved indicators’ button.
The FCV indicator database assembles indicators from diverse sources, including:
- World Bank: more than 500 high-quality and relÂevant indicators from a universe of 8,000 indicators applied in World Bank projects in FCV settings.
- g7+/New Deal: indicators generated from fragility assessments in several g7+ countries as well as others developed by an International Dialogue indicators working group in 2012-13.
- International, regional, bilateral, NGO sources: including Transparency International, Afrobarometer, Bertelsmann, CIRI Human Rights Data Project, CIVICUS, EITI, Global Integrity, IMF, OECD, Open Budget, United Nations, Measuring Progress in Conflict Environments (MPICE) project and many more.
The pilot Database will continue to be updated with new indicators based on partner inputs and growing experience.
11 - 20 of 3253Indicators Starred indicators are those that may be particularly relevant to measuring progress on peacebuilding and statebuilding.